Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Every winter I almost agree with my kids that we should move into town. Especially during the snowiest times. But this time of year I know I could never move to the city. I've lived on a gravel road one place or another all my life. I don't want to share someone else's space.

Can you get views like this in town? The porch is one of my favourite spots. It faces east, I can watch the sun rise, and I often do. I love it.
These silly barn swallows are trying to build a nest on one of our porch lights. They had one egg, but it rolled off. Now they are building the edges higher. They don't mind me sitting out there.
We have a birdhouse in the apricot tree, and it actually is being used by what looks just like a house martin to me. They normally make a mud house. I guess they prefer the house my son-in-law Derek made. Much better than a light in my opinion.

2 comments:

MVD said...

I love visiting in this weather! It makes me want to live in the country! I love hearing nothing but the birds sing, and the wind blowing! There is nothing quite like sitting on a porch that over looks a field, and trees!

Anonymous said...

Wilma; I must agree it is so very peaceful out onyour front porch.Will have to come for a visit so we can sit outside again.