Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer sewing!

Well I am done homeschooling, permanently done. |So what now? For the summer I should get in shape. When I went upstairs, I found my exercise card completely filled out! So no need to worry that for a couple months.


Then I saw my pile of material leftovers, and some used clothing. I decided to make clothes for the naked dolls in my house, and extended family.


This is my little corner in the "spare" room. It does get very hot upstairs in our big old house. If needed, I will drag my machine downstairs. In the winter, my fingers freeze and I move downstairs. Sounds like a heat wave coming for next week, I may be in the kitchen. Such a pain, putting everything away before supper. I almost finished my first outfit yesterday. They are small, which is frustrating. I always look for shortcuts, like no lining or ironing between each step. Today, my daughter, Megan came with some alterations on bathing suits. A bottom of a size 4 child's tankini, took me an hour to alter to a smaller size! If I wasn't such a perfectionist it would have been done quickly, but ugly. I took one part out twice before I was satisfied. I don't have any unfinished sewing projects. I always finish most things before beginning something. If only I had that mind set with everything!  I haven't blogged in 2 years. If you are reading this, you may the only one! Anyway, I'll try to keep this blog going, at least for the summer. :o)

3 comments:

MVD said...

Lol, love the filled out chart.

Lucy van Eyk said...

Finished homeschooling! What an achievement. You are about 11 years ahead of me!
Keep blogging, I love to hear what's happening in your life.

Sarah by the Sea said...

Wow, finished homeschooling. Looking forward to seeing your sewing projects! :)